MEETING ROOM USE:
Meeting rooms may be used for programs sponsored by governmental units, non-profit educational and cultural agencies and organization, community service agencies and other responsible groups. They are available for use under the following criteria:
- Meeting rooms must be open to all members of the public.
- Admission fees are not to be charged. Exceptions regarding admission fees may include programs or educational courses that require a registration fee or tuition or purchase of materials.
- All room requests that involve admission charges or tuition shall be subject to approval of the Library Director.
- All appeals will be brought to the Library Board.
Meeting rooms may not be used for:
- Any purpose which will interfere with the normal operation of the library.
- Programs involving the sale, advertising or promotion of products or services, or programs sponsored by a business firm, except by prior written approval of the Door County Library Board four weeks in advance and only if the room is not being utilized.
- Application for use of a meeting room must be made in advance by an authorized representative of the group. Applications by telephone will be accepted, but the reservation form must be signed within seven (7) days of making the reservation or the booking will be removed from the calendar.
- Groups who would like to meet regularly, may make reservations from month to month, not to exceed ninety (90) days in advance, to a maximum of 24 meetings per year.
- No organization shall be permitted to designate any meeting room as their meeting place on a regular weekly or monthly basis. Room assignments shall be determined, based on availability, by library staff.
STURGEON BAY MEETING ROOMS:
Jane Livingston Greene Room - located on the second floor with access via stairs or elevator. Capacity: 100 people
Conference Room - located on the second floor with access via stairs or elevator. Capacity: 25-30 people
Friends Room - located on the basement level of the library with access via the elevator. Capacity: 100 people
SISTER BAY/LIBERTY GROVE MEETING ROOMS:
The Community Room - located on the main level of the library. Capacity: 35 people